Dr Tom Ridge
F4, Department of Computer Science
University of Leicester
Leicester, LE1 7RH
0116 223 1304
tr61 (at) le.ac.uk
Welcome to the home page of Tom Ridge. I am an academic researcher in computer science, programmer, and lecturer. I am currently at the University of Leicester, UK. Previously I was at the University of Cambridge.
A brief résumé:
- My undergraduate degree is in mathematics from Trinity College, University of Cambridge, where I also did the Diploma in Computer Science (somewhat similar to a Master's degree).
- I have a senior scholarship from Trinity College listed here, which I only found out about many years after it was awarded.
- After the diploma I spent a couple of years in the City of London. I was paid much more than I earn now, even though it was my first real job!
- I did my PhD at the Laboratory for the Foundations of Computer Science, University of Edinburgh. My supervisor was Paul Jackson.
- I was then a researcher at the Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge. I was mainly supervised by Peter Sewell (NetSem TCP/IP project, and later weak memory models), but for the last year I was supervised by Matthew Parkinson (weak memory models, again).
- I have been at Leicester since September 2009.